- The item being sold is not the textbook. This study guide can be used for your university class / college course or online course / online university / edu online, whether you are studying for your bachelor degree or masters degree. Also great for your short summer courses / summer session.
- Please note that the files are compressed using the program Winzip.
- Files ending with the extension (.pdf) can be opened using Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Files ending with the extension (.doc) , (.docx) or (.rtf) can be opened using Microsoft Word Viewer 2007.
Solution Manual for Sociology Now The Essentials 2nd Edition by Kimmel
- Publisher: Pearson; 2 edition (July 8, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0205181058
- ISBN-13: 978-0205181056
Exploring the questions of today
Sociology Now reflects the discipline today and explores the big questions about multiculturalism and globalization that sociologists ask.
It explains how the classic concerns of sociology—social order, social conflict, social interaction—have been reshaped by new insights about multiculturalism and globalization.
Sociology has always offered a way to make sense of the complex and sometimes contradictory forces that shape our social lives in any era. As Sociology Now explains sociology as both a body of knowledge and a “way of seeing,” it shows how the forces of globalization and multiculturalism have come to preoccupy sociologists and influence the way they look at the events and experiences of the early twenty first century. Michael Kimmel, a leading sociologist and gender researcher, and co-author Amy Aronson, a journalist and media scholar, address questions regarding these forces head-on as they make a compelling case for the importance of sociology in the contemporary world.
The Census Update program incorporates 2010 Census data into a course–simply and easily. The components of the Census Update Program include an updated census edition with all charts and graphs–to reflect the results of the 2010 Census. In addition, A Short Introduction to the U.S. Census is available and an updated MySocLab.
Teaching & Learning Experience
- Personalize Learning – MySocLab delivers proven results in helping students succeed, provides engaging experiences that personalize learning, and comes from a trusted partner with educational expertise and a deep commitment to helping students and instructors achieve their goals.
Improve Critical Thinking – Each chapter opener asks students to consider a paradox that illustrates the complexity of sociology.
Engage Students – Unique pedagogical features help students see sociology as a science and understand how sociologists use research data.
Explore Theory – Theory is discussed in context of multiculturalism and globalization.
Understand Diversity – Race, class, and gender are discussed both as the foundations of our identity and as sources of inequality.
Support Instructors – The test bank is edited by the authors.
Note: MySocLab does not come automatically packaged with this text. To purchase MySocLab, please visit: www.mysoclab.com or you can purchase a valuepack of the text + MySocLab (at no additional cost). ValuePack ISBN-10: 0205171397 / ValuePack ISBN-13: 9780205171392